East Upper High School
in Partnership with the University of Rochester
Grade Level: 9-12
Foreign Languages: Spanish, American Sign Language
Honors Classes: Pre-AP and AP courses
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): English Language, English Literature, World History, U.S. History, Spanish Language, Statistics, Biology
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Center for Youth, IBERO-American Action League, Hillside Work-Scholarship, Monroe County Probation, Monroe County Family Access and Connection Team, MCC Liberty Partnerships, Urban League, Science Stars, Champion Academy
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: No
- Longer instructional day, with literacy classes, to enhance individual reading skills and double instructional time allotted for math and English Language Arts in grade 9.
- Career Pathway offerings include: Culinary Pathway, Optics Pathway, Vision Pathway, Information Technology Pathway, Medical Pathway, and Teaching and Learning Institute.
- Multiple community partners.
- Restorative Practices used to resolve issues peacefully.
- Dual Language Program for bilingual scholars.
- Family Group daily with one adult and 10 scholars to foster relationships.
- A large offering of interscholastic sports for scholars in grades 7-12.
- Driver’s education.
- On-Campus University of Rochester Medical Clinic, which provides free services to any scholar enrolled at East.
- Student Support Center with connections to community-based organizations.
- Educational Partnership with the University of Rochester to enhance all components of the school.