East Upper High School
in Partnership with the University of Rochester
This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.
Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.
Grade Level: 9-12
Foreign Languages: Spanish, American Sign Language
Honors Classes: Pre-AP and AP courses
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): English Language, English Literature, World History, U.S. History, Spanish Language, Statistics, Biology
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Center for Youth, IBERO-American Action League, Hillside Work-Scholarship, Monroe County Probation, Monroe County Family Access and Connection Team, MCC Liberty Partnerships, Urban League, Science Stars, Champion Academy
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: No
- Longer instructional day, with literacy classes, to enhance individual reading skills and double instructional time allotted for math and English Language Arts in grade 9.
- Career Pathway offerings include: Culinary Pathway, Optics Pathway, Vision Pathway, Information Technology Pathway, Medical Pathway, and Teaching and Learning Institute.
- Multiple community partners.
- Restorative Practices used to resolve issues peacefully.
- Dual Language Program for bilingual scholars.
- Family Group daily with one adult and 10 scholars to foster relationships.
- A large offering of interscholastic sports for scholars in grades 7-12.
- Driver’s education.
- On-Campus University of Rochester Medical Clinic, which provides free services to any scholar enrolled at East.
- Student Support Center with connections to community-based organizations.
- Educational Partnership with the University of Rochester to enhance all components of the school.