East Lower School
in Partnership with the University of Rochester
This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.
Start Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:00 p.m.
Grade Level: 6-8
Uniforms: RCSD Dress Code
Busing: School Buses
Student Enrollment: 400
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Honors Classes: 8th graders can earn up to 5 high school credits
Tutoring/After School: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Advanced Placement (AP): No
English Language Learners: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: Yes, through URMC
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Center for Youth, IBERO-American Action League, Hillside Work-Scholarship, MCC Liberty Partnerships, Educational Talent Search, Connected Communities, Champion Academy
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: No
- Longer instructional day, with literacy classes, to enhance individual reading skills and double instructional time allotted for math.
- Multiple community partners.
- Restorative Practices used to resolve issues peacefully.
- Bilingual program.
- Family Group daily with one adult and 10 scholars to foster relationships.
- A large offering of interscholastic sports for scholars in grades 7-12.
- On Campus, University of Rochester Medical Clinic, which provides free services to any scholar enrolled at East.
- Student Support Center with connections to community-based organizations.
- Educational Partnership with the University of Rochester to enhance all components of the school.