Anna Murray-Douglass Academy School No. 12Interim Principal: John Gonzalez | John.Gonzalez@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Faith Hart | Faith.Hart@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Kathleen Trepanier | firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant Principal: Margaret Crowley | email@example.comParent Contact: Susan Allen | Susan.Allen@rcsdk12.orgSchool Chief: Dr. Shirley JA Green - Chief of School Leadership Network PreK-8
Program InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:00 p.m.Grade Level: K-8
FACTSUniforms Required: No
Busing: School Buses
Student Enrollment: 800Foreign Languages: Spanish in a Dual Language Program
Tutoring/After School: YesEnglish Language Learners: YesHonors/Enrichment Classes: YesEarly Literacy Program: Yes
Chorus: YesBand/Orchestra: YesInstrumental Music Lessons: YesSports: YesStep Teams: NoExtended/Expanded Day: NoSaturday School: NoOn-Site After-School Care: YesSummer Programs: No
Health/Wellness Center: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: Junior Achievement, Rochester Midland, Frederick Douglass Resource Center (City Recreation), Frederick Douglass Public Library, Greater Rochester Health Foundation
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: YesSCHOOL FEATURES
- 7th- and 8th-grade Dual Language instruction programming is offered with an emphasis on language learning. The school’s bilingual program includes bilingual instruction for students of families who speak Spanish or English at home. From basic Spanish through Spanish enrichment, team-teaching models that pair Spanish teachers with content area teachers are used.
- Focus on STEM instruction (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), providing students opportunities for experienced-based learning through partnerships with the University of Rochester, Xerox, and Rochester Midland Corporation.
- Honors/Regents level courses prepare children for a rigorous academic high school program.
- Extracurricular activities include intramural athletics, modified sports, drama, band, chorus, step team, and after-school clubs.
- Strong music and arts program, with instrumental music and many ensemble opportunities.
- Leadership development through advisory to support adolescent emotional investment.