Nathaniel Rochester Community School No. 3Principal: Deborah Washington | Deborah.Washington@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Jeanne Markman | Jeanne.Markman@RCSDK12.ORGAssistant Principal: Emily Buss | email@example.comParent Contact: Evana Harvey | Evana.Harvey@rcsdk12.orgSchool Chief: Amy Schiavi | Amy.Schiavi@rcsdk12.org
This school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.Program InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:00 p.m.Grade Level: K-8FACTSUniforms Required: NoBusing: School BusesStudent Enrollment: 630Foreign Languages: SpanishEnglish Language Learners: YesHonors/Enrichment Classes: YesEarly Literacy Program: YesChorus: YesBand/Orchestra: YesInstrumental Music Lessons: YesSports: YesStep Teams: NoExtended/Expanded Day: YesSaturday School: YesOn-Site After-School Care: Yes (City Rec)Summer Programs: Yes, for selected rising 4th, 7th and 8th gradersBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: University of Rochester, Mt. Olivet Baptist Church, Third Presbyterian Church, Cornhill Neighborhood Association, Center for Youth, Roberts Wesleyan College, Generation 2, AmeriCorps, Genesee Country Museum, Rochester Museum and Science Center
- Middle School Honors Academy for students that qualify. Middle school students have the opportunity to take high school Regents courses in 7th and 8th grade.
- Expanded Learning School with a 7.5 hour day: students receive more than 200 extra hours each year of academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
- School-wide focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math): Weekly STEM experiences with extracurricular activities, such as Engineering Academy, Invention Convention and Lego League.
- STEM field trips, including a school-wide field trip to the Genesee Country Museum and STEM activity camps over school breaks.
- Annual participation in the E3 Engineering and Technology Fair, Xerox Invention Convention and Structures Competition, and First Lego League.
- Opportunities to work with school partners at Xerox, the Rochester Museum and Science Center, and the University of Rochester’s Medical Center.
- All seventh- and eighth-grade students use tablet computers at school.
- Interscholastic school athletics for students in grades 7 and 8.
- Our community partner, Center for Youth, helps us offer students enrichment activities and targeted supports to help students be successful.