Theodore Roosevelt School No. 43
School Chief: Toyia Wilson - Chief of School Leadership PreK-12
Grade Level: PreK-6
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: No
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: No
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: LONZA Chemical Corp, Gholkar, RIT Science/Engineering, Nazareth College, SUNY Geneseo, St. John Fisher College, SUNY Brockport
- Skilled Level Classes, which provide students with opportunities for acceleration and enrichment in grades 1 through 6. All students have learning plans that guide and support strengths and challenges.
- ENL program for students learning English as a new language.
- YMCA after-school program available Monday through Friday.
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, PTO, and All Pro Dads are offered.
- Greater Rochester Health Foundation (GRHF) grant provides programs and classes for healthy eating and exercised play for students at all grade levels.
- Supports a positive school atmosphere through school-wide Code of Conduct and Restorative Practices.
- Technology-based instruction and resources help prepare students for life in the 21st century.