Dr. Louis A Cerulli School No. 34
Start Time: 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.
Grade Level: PreK-6
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: No
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: Yes
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: Yes
Summer Programs: Yes
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Center for Youth, Quad A for Kids, SUNY Geneseo, Foodlink
- Expanded Learning Time (ELT) School: Students receive additional time for academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
- A robust arts program that provides weekly opportunities for students to engage in dance, drumming, and visual art.
- High-quality instruction and a grade-level team approach to ensure an individualized learning environment for each student.
- A daily targeted small group program that provides individualized academic supports and progress monitoring.
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Supports (SWPBS) provide school-wide instruction and reinforcement of appropriate school behaviors. Morning Meetings, Coping Power Groups, and support from the Center for Youth encourage positive social skills growth.
- Monthly talent battles and monthly academic missions promote school-wide competitions, incentives, and celebrations.
- Current technology includes: Smart Boards, computer lab, classroom computers, Chromebooks, iPads, document cameras, and student response systems. Students have access to software at school and at home to enhance learning. All 3rd-6th-grade students have access to their own Chromebook to use during the school day. iPad centers are in grade K-2 classrooms.
- Quad A for Kids after-school program offers project-based learning, social skills instruction, physical activity, and dinner to 120 students after school.