World of Inquiry School No. 58Principal: T'Hani Pantoja | THani.Pantoji@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: P.Kwame Donko-Hanson | P.Kwame.Donko-Hanson@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Adrienne Steflik | firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant Principal: Jeffrey Mikols | email@example.comAssistant Principal:Shelly Boyd | Shelly.Boyd@rcsdk12.org
Academy Director: Jennifer Johnson | Jennifer.Johnson2@RCSDK12.ORG
Board Liaison: Dr. Elizabeth Hallmark | Elizabeth.Hallmark@rcsdk12.orgSchool Chief: Amy Schiavi | Amy.Schiavi@rcsdk12.orgGrade K-6 Program InformationStart Time: 9:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:30 p.m.Grade 7-12 Program InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:30 p.m.World of Inquiry is a close-knit community that teaches students of all ages to be questioners, critical thinkers, and problem-solvers. The school motto is, “We are crew, not passengers.” Learning at World of Inquiry occurs through grade-level expeditions, which are in-depth studies of a single topic or theme that promote active learning, adventure, and service to others. A K-12 school, many of the current 9th- through 12th-graders have attended school together since Kindergarten, forming close relationships that foster a sense of family. Because the majority of 6th-graders choose to stay for high school, generally there are not many open seats in 7th grade.FACTSUniforms: Yes
Foreign Languages: Spanish
Advanced Placement (AP): Yes
Health/Wellness Center: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Key Bank, M&T, Monroe Community College, University of Rochester, St. John Fisher College, Nazareth College, Junior Achievement, Hillside Work Scholarship, Upward Bound, Liberty Partnership, U of R Science Stars
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: YesSCHOOL FEATURES
- A K-12 Expeditionary Learning School (also known as EL Education Schools).
- Students are engaged in learning expeditions and case studies, which can include project-based learning, working with community experts, and participating in field studies to places
near and far.
- Juniors and seniors are required to take capstone classes, which allow them to create their own mini expedition and/or case study.
- Rigorous academics are balanced with intentional development of character. All students will be enrolled in advisory crew, contribute to school-wide morning meetings, conduct student led conferences, learn the art of presentation, and participate in service learning opportunities. Students will also have the opportunity to partake in multiple outdoor activities.
- The school is built on a culture of collaboration between home and school, with high levels of parent engagement and participation.
- World of Inquiry has demonstrated an average 90% graduation rate since 2015.
- All students who applied to college were accepted (100% college acceptance rate in 2019).
CAREER PATHWAY PROGRAMS
NYSED Approved CTE Programs
- Fire Science at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Criminal Justice/Police at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Intro to Career Pathways to Public Safety Program (Grade 11)
- Emergency Medical Services at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Emergency Communications/911 at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Cosmetology Program at Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Automotive at Edison
- Construction at Edison