Early Childhood School of Rochester School No. 57Principal: Eva Thomas | Eva.Thomas@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Donita Cummings | Donita.Cummings@rcsdk12.org
Board Liaison: Van Henri White | firstname.lastname@example.org
School Chief: Carmine Peluso | Carmine.Peluso@rcsdk12.orgProgram InformationStart Time: 7:30 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 2:00 p.m.Grade Level: PreK-2FACTSUniforms Required: YesForeign Languages: NoEnglish Language Learners: YesHonors/Enrichment Classes: NoEarly Literacy Program: YesChorus: YesBand/Orchestra: NoInstrumental Music Lessons: YesSports: NoStep Teams: NoExtended/Expanded Day: NoSaturday School: NoOn-Site After-School Care: Yes, Partnering with YMCASummer Programs: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: Monroe Community College, St. John Fisher College, Charles Settlement House, Healthy Kids Program, Spiritis Christi Church, The OCHO Project, The Community Place, Genetaska Club of Rochester, Nazareth College, Jewish Family Services: Pencils and Paper, Rochester Teacher Center, University of Rochester, Rochester Chamber of Commerce, Brockport College, Geneseo College.SCHOOL FEATURES
- Only K-2 school in the Rochester City School District.
Follows Next Generation Learning Standards, including a full block of ELA and math, and has a Speech and Language program.
- Raising a Reader Program and Foster Grandparent Program.
- Strong partnerships with local colleges for student teaching and internships.
Active Parent Teacher Community Association (PTCA) group that sustains parents as partners, as well as All Pro Dads Program.
Multiple clubs for student activities; Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts Club, Art Club, Music Club.
- Hosts an annual Black History family/community celebration dinner.
- Scholastic book fair for early childhood students.
- Promotes a safe school environment and supports character building through School-Wide Positive Behavior Support Program (SWPBS).
- Students receive daily Response to Intervention (RTI) services delivered by both the classroom teachers and RTI specialists.
- Universal Pre-K program on campus.
- National Primary Project Program.