Helen Barrett Montgomery School No. 50
Grade Level: PreK-8
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: Spanish
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: Yes
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Sports: Yes, grades 7 and 8
Step Teams: Yes
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: No
Summer Programs: TBD
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: SUNY Brockport, St. John Fisher College, St. Joseph’s Church, The Pentecostal Miracle Deliverance Center Church, Henderson Ford, Foodlink
- Specialized programs include Learning English through Academics Program (LEAP) for second language students in grades K through 3 and accelerated learning for students in grades 7 and 8.
- Technology is integrated into our curriculum at all grade levels: two computer labs; iPads for students in grades K through 2; Chrome Books for students in grades 3 through 8; and Smart Boards in every classroom, both computer labs and the library.
- EAGLE PRIDE! School-Wide Positive Behavioral Supports (SWPBS) teach our school’s Core Values: teamwork, accountability, self control, and respect.
- Restorative Practice school and a HELP Zone for students.
- Hillside Work Advocates for students in grades 7 and 8.
- Music wing provides space for instrumental and vocal classes in addition to special ensembles, with two large performance spaces for plays and musical programs.
- Extracurricular activities include intramurals, clubs, choir and band. For grades 6-8, clubs include chess, yearbook, school newspaper, and step team.
- Active Student Council and Parent Teacher Group (PTG).
- Dedicated and strong group of community volunteers.
- Parent/Community Education Center.