Mary McLeod Bethune School No. 45Principal: Rhonda Morien | Rhonda.Morien@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Patricia Brockler | Patricia.Brockler@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Robert Snyder | Robert.Snyder@RCSDK12.ORGParent Contact: Patty Engert |Patricia.Engert@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Leslie Hunter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Liaison: Willa Powell | Willa.Powell@rcsdk12.orgThis school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.FACTSGrade Level: K-8Uniforms Required: No
Busing: School Buses
Student Enrollment: 600Foreign Languages: SpanishEnglish Language Learners: YesHonors/Enrichment Classes: YesEarly Literacy Program: YesChorus: YesBand/Orchestra: YesInstrumental Music Lessons: YesSports: YesStep Teams: YesExtended/Expanded Day: YesSaturday School: NoOn-Site After-School Care: YesSummer Programs: Yes
Health/Wellness Center: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: Center for Youth, Boys and Girls Club, G2, Memorial Art Gallery, BlackFem, Inc., Genesee Mental Health
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: NoSCHOOL FEATURES
- Expanded Learning School with a 7.5-hour day: students receive more than 200 extra hours each year of academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
- Free after-school programming at the Boys and Girls Club onsite.
- Daily Leadership block in grades K-6 and Advisory block in grades 7-8.
- Additional ELA and math support provided in grades K-8.
- Leadership hour in every grade.
- Leader in Me schoolwide programming promoting The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Children.
- Individualized student goal setting.
- Student-led conferencing.
- Mediation provided to solve problems.
- Daily advisory and individualized support team time every other day in grades 7-8.