Henry Hudson School No. 28Principal: Susan Ladd | Susan.Ladd@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Brenda Harrington| Brenda.Harrington@rcsdk12.orgAssistant Principal: Jennifer Monroe-Dewitz |Jennifer.Monroe-Dewitz@rcsdk12.orgParent Contact: Carmen Torres | email@example.com
Board Liaison: Willa Powell | Willa.Powell@rcsdk12.orgThis school is currently in Receivership status by the New York State Education Department. For more information about Receivership or to view the school’s improvement measures, please visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/receivership.FACTSGrades: K-8Uniforms Required: Yes
Busing: School Buses
Student Enrollment: 675Foreign Languages: SpanishEnglish Language Learners: YesHonors/Enrichment Classes: Yes
Tutoring/After School: NoEarly Literacy Program: NoChorus: YesBand/Orchestra: YesInstrumental Music Lessons: YesSports: Yes, 7th and 8th grade modifiedStep Teams: NoExtended/Expanded Day: YesSaturday School: NoOn-Site After-School Care: NoSummer Programs: No
Health/Wellness Center: NoBusiness/College/Faith Partnerships: East High School, Mercy High School, Honeoye Falls-Lima High School, Leadership Rochester, Harris Corp., Xerox Corp., St. Mary’s Church, Jewish Literacy Program, Community Place Grandparents Program, Buffalo State College
Student-Parent School Compact Agreement required: NoSCHOOL FEATURES
- Focus on literacy, integrating reading and writing into all of the content areas, including math and science.
- Fully bilingual program in K-6, supporting students and families in Spanish and in English in all grades.
- Monthly STAR assemblies celebrate student successes at school. Student successes are also celebrated with parents and families throughout the year.
- Strong character education that teaches students good citizenship.
- Extracurricular activities include school band and instrumental music.