Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25
Uniforms Required: No
Foreign Languages: No
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: No
Early Literacy Program: Yes
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: No
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: No
Summer Programs: Yes, RCSD Summer School Programs
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: Kiwanis, Reformation Lutheran Church, Joy Community Church, Nazareth College, St. John Fisher College, Bishop Kearney Key Club, Allendale Columbia, Brighter Days Foundation, Scott Spino Foundation, Junior Achievement, Unity Health, Children’s Institute, Foster
Grandparents Program/Community Place, Center for Youth, East Irondequoit School District, Monroe Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic, Flaum Eye Institute, McSkipp, Healthy Kids, Bausch & Lomb, University of Rochester
• STEPS Program (Speech/Language Therapy to Encourage Production of Sound), an eclectic approach to oral language development, integrates the communication processes of listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
• Differentiated instruction ensures that students are active in the learning process and are working to meet their potential.
• Collaborative Literacy Reading and Writing Program where the curriculum authentically integrates social and emotional learning with literacy.
• Professional development program with St. John Fisher College and Nazareth College, which supports professional and student learning through the use of an inquiry-orientated approach to
• Parent involvement evening activities include: Hispanic Heritage Night, Parents Supporting the Common Core Information Night, ELA/Math Game Night, Multicultural Night, Storytelling Night, and Black History Night.
• After-school clubs include School Newspaper Club, Boys Club, Girls Club, Community Garden Club, Storytelling Club, Godly Divas, annual musical combined with Durand Eastman Middle School.