Abraham Lincoln School No. 22
Start Time: 9:00 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 4:30 p.m.
Grade Level: PreK-6
Uniforms Required: Yes
Foreign Languages: Spanish
English Language Learners: Yes
Honors/Enrichment Classes: Yes
Early Literacy Program: No
Instrumental Music Lessons: Yes
Step Teams: No
Extended/Expanded Day: Yes
Saturday School: No
On-Site After-School Care: No
Summer Programs: No
Business/College/Faith Partnerships: AmeriCorps, Baden Street Settlement, The Community Place of Rochester, Eastman Rochester New Horizons, First Unitarian Church of Rochester/UU22, Greater Rochester Quality Partner Council, Anthony Jordan Health Center, Monroe County Department of Human Services, Scott Spino Foundation, Smile Mobile
- Expanded Learning (EL) School: Students receive additional time for academic, social-emotional, and recreational opportunities beyond those offered during a traditional school day.
- Bilingual Services:
- Support our native Spanish speakers through a One-Way Dual Language Enrichment Model in which students receive instruction in both English and Spanish, grades K-6.
- Offer a bilingual Pre-K program that follows the High Scope model.
- School-wide initiatives encourage all staff and students to utilize the “Language of the Day,” which alternates between Spanish and English.
- Appreciation for bilingualism, Hispanic culture, and our Spanish-speaking families is evident within the building and through various activities and celebrations that take place throughout the school year.
- Enrichment opportunities include Cheerleading, Intramural Sports, Mind Games, Math and Movement, Basic Yoga, Public Speaking, Science Matters and World Cultures.