RECIHS College Club
What is College Club?
An after school club that is for students in Grades 9-12 who are:
- Serious about academic success in high school.
- Interested in learning about going to college
- Interested in improving academic skills through a collaborative research project
What would I do in College Club?
- Participate in a collaborative research project about your school and community.
- Attend visits to college campuses to sit in classes, shadow college students
- Attend community educational, cultural, and entertainment sites and events (e.g. museums, theaters, movies, lectures, school board meetings, concerts).
- Meet with students from schools throughout Monroe County for social and academic activities.
What kind of college support and assistance will I get in College Club?
- Letters of reference for college applications from college professors.
- Information about what students need to do in high school to be college ready.
- Information and guidance on SAT, ACT test info, college summer programs, application process, financial aid process, writing college essays, visiting college campuses, and going to college interviews.
Additional benefits to being in College Club:
- Extracurricular club and leadership opportunities for resume’ and college applications.
- Direct contacts to local colleges and universities.
- Opportunities to improve college-level knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
- Opportunities to meet and work with students in other schools in Monroe County.
2015 – 2016
OFF-CAMPUS TRIPS & ACTIVITIES
Camp Arrowhead Ropes CourseVisit the University of Rochester CampusVisit the SUNY Geneseo campusAttend “MOTOWN” the MusicalPresent at the Teen Summit at Nazareth CollegeVisit other local college campuses
Club AdvisorsMs. EnglertMs. DienerMr. Holland