Playing an instrument requires skill, dedication, and persistence. It is expected that ALL string students adhere to the following:
Continued failure to meet these requirements may result in being excused from the string program.
- Come to their scheduled lessons EACH assigned time (or make-up time if there is a conflict)
- Come PREPARED with: instrument, folder, book, signed practice sheet, pencil. (Please remember to cut your nails!)
- Be RESPONSIBLE with your instrument, and treat it with care and delicacy.
- Practice a MINIMUM of 20 minutes 5 days a week
- Try their best EACH lesson. (Trying your best does not always mean perfection!)
- Be a positive role model for other students in the school, both in the music program and as a student in your classroom and throughout the school building.