NWEA Data Driven Skills and Concepts to Develop:
· Identify details in an informational text
· Restate supporting details in informational text
· Develop understanding of General Science vocabulary for RIT range 161-200
Common Core Standards:
· Paraphrase portions of a text read aloud or information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
· Conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
· With some guidance and support from adults, use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others; demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of one page in a single sitting.
Task: Students will conduct research on wolves and play an educational computer game to gathering information and develop an understanding of wolf adaptations, habitat, and behaviors. Students will develop an understanding of selected NWEA general science vocabulary terms related to this unit. Students will work in teams to communicate information they have gained, (Student Choices: Voki, Podcast, imovie, kerpoof report)