Book TrailersTask: Select a book at your independent reading level. Read your book and identify story elements, character traits, rising actions and climax. Use this information to create a book trailer that shows an understanding of these story elements, creates a mood, and creates interest in the book.Common Core Standards:
· Describe how a particular story’s plot unfolds as well as how characters respond or change as the plot moves toward resolution.
Responding to Literature
· Develop personal, cultural, textual, and thematic connections within and across genres as they respond to texts through written, digital, and oral presentations, employing a variety of media and genres.
NWEA Data Targeted Skills to Develop or Introduce
• Identifies characters in literary texts
-Identifies a character's feelings in simple literary texts
• Identifies internal conflicts in a literary text
• Infers a character's identity
• Draws conclusions based on supporting details in literary text• Identifies the setting in a literary passage
• Describes the lesson learned in a literary text
• Summarizes the plot of a story