MRS. BLANCO(585) 328-3440 EXT. 1001R
SYLLABUS: This course is designed to give students exposure to Microsoft Office Applications. Students will learn touch typing and home row to build speed and accuracy when typing documents. Applications and topics covered will include: Formatting documents such as resumes, and cover letters, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft PowerPoint. In addition we will conduct Internet searches, study cyber-safety and Identity theft in today’s world. Successful completion of this course will provide students with skills useful in personal, academic and employment areas.
MATERIALS: Students taking this course will need the following materials:
ü Pen or Pencil
*Students should keep a portfolio of their work for graduation and potential colleges and employers
ATTENDANCE: 93% as required by the Rochester City School District
This course is skill-based and regular attendance is necessary to ensure student success!
GRADES: Grades will be based on:
ü Class assignments
ü Tests and quizzes
ü Attendance and participation
1. Arrive into class on time.
2. Check the agenda for the daily assignments (lesson)
3. Be in your seat when class begins
4. Be prepared with necessary materials
5. Take care of restroom and drinking fountain needs between classes.
6. Contribute to classroom discussions.
1. Absolutely no food or drink allowed in the classroom. We are located in a computer lab and it is important to keep the computers up and running! I am also sharing rooms with other teachers.
2. Use appropriate language and behavior
3. Headwear and electronic devices are prohibited in the classroom.
4. Respect school property.
5. Be courteous and considerate of each other.
6. Respect your classmates and the teacher.
CONSEQUENCES: (FOR UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR CONCERNING SCHOOL RULES, ATTENDANCE AND CLASS DISRUPTIONS)
First inappropriate behavior: A verbal warning
Second Offense: A call to parents and/or detention
Third Offense: Referral to House Administrator
STUDENT: I have read what is expected of me in Computer Applications.
Name: ________________________________________Period: _________________________
PARENT: I have read the handout regarding course requirements and expectations for the Computer Applications class. If you need to contact me, below are the phone numbers and times when I can be reached:
HOME: _________________________________ WORK:_____________________________
HOURS: ________________________________ HOURS: ____________________________