Welcome to the Office of Parent EngagementThere are so many possibilities of what “WE CAN DO TOGETHER”, as we work with one another on the academic success for our students. Parent engagement should be systemic, integrated and sustained. The District’s Strategic Plan goals and objectives for family engagement are aligned with the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
These standards are key elements needed for an effective and vibrant parent engagement program and provide the framework for what our District, schools, parents, and communities can do to build family-school partnerships for student success:
1. Welcome all families – All are value stakeholders
2. Communicate effectively – Verbally, and use of technology
3. Support student success – Continuous collaboration
4. Speak up for every child – Advocate for students
5. Share power – Equal partners in decision-making
6. Collaborate with community – Partner with community organizationsThe Office of Parent Engagement Mission is to REACH parents:Respond to the needs of parentsEncourage partnershipAdvocate on the behalf of parentsCollaborate with community partnersHelp parents help their students to academic success
If you have any questions, comments, concerns and/or suggestions in terms of how we can better support you and your family, please feel free to contact us at any time. You may call the Office of Parent Engagement at 262-8318 or contact any of the following staff:Maria Encarnacion - 262-8334Kenneth Davis - 262-8353Renee Joyner - 262-8318We look forward to hearing from you.
The OPE staff can help you become more engaged in your child's learning.
OPE is located on the First Floor of Central Office, 131 W. Broad St.
Contact our office at 324-9999
or email: email@example.com