Rochester City School District by the Numbers
60.1% African American/Black
4.1% Asian/Native American/East Indian/Other
- 84% eligible for free/reduced-price lunch
- 16.5% with special needs
- 10% with limited English proficiency
- 87 different languages
- 22% of schools at 90% poverty or higher
- Highest poverty rate among NYS Big 5 districts
Schools and Programs
The Rochester City School District Offers:
During an average school year, the Rochester City School District:
- Prepares and delivers 17,000 breakfasts and 22,000 lunches daily.
- Provides transportation for 29,875 students to and from school daily.
- Provides support (including transportation) to more than 3,200 students who attend some 100 private, parochial, and charter schools, urban-suburban sites, and home-schooling.
- Has approximately 6,100 employees, including:
- 3,227 teachers
- 464 administrators
- 1,267 support personnel
- Utilizes approximately 920 substitute teachers.