Frank Fowler Dow School No. 52 is located south of Empire Blvd. on the Irondequoit border. Built in 1925, the school has a beautiful cathedral-styled design, expansive campus and large playground. School No. 52 is known as a high-performing school, and for its teachers, staff, parents, and students who work together as a close-knit school community.
At Frank Fowler Dow School No. 52:
- We received the 2009 National Center for Urban School Transformation Excellence in Urban Education Award.
- All classrooms, the art room, and music and band rooms have Smart Boards. K-2 classrooms have shared iPads. 3-6 grade classrooms have shared Chromebook carts with approximately one computer for every two
students plus a media center in our library.
- 8 First Lego League teams that compete locally with other schools and districts.
- Our award-winning track team consistently ranks among the best in the district at the annual spring track meet.
- An enthusiastic PTO sponsors a variety of activities for families.
- We enjoy strong parent participation and support for special projects and activities.
- Everyone in the school reads and responds to Principal Aronson's Book of the Month.
- Breakfast of Champions rewards hard-working students with special time with the principal.
- Student art on display at the Winton Road Library and the Genesee Health Services Building.
- Students interview staff and and report on classroom activities and news in our school newsletter.